- The taxpayer should always enquire properly about the Tax Attorney before hiring him.
- He should always opt for an extensively experienced Tax Attorney with a vast exposure of IRS, debt management cases, and real live taxpayers.
- He should always ask for references from the attorneys so that he should get an idea of his work beforehand.
- One of the most important things to be ensured betimes is that the Tax Attorney should be a member of the American Bar Association and The State Bar Association.
How To Become A Tax Attorney
The followings are the basic requirements which are needed for a person to become a Tax Attorney.
- The most important thing required to become a Tax Attorney is to have a license which is issued on clearing the Multi-State Bar Exam (MBE) of your state or of the state in which you want to practice.
- He should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream and a law degree from any American Bar Association acknowledged school. These two degrees are the major requirements to appear for the BAR exam in most of the states.
- The other option to appear for the BAR exam is to possess a four years’ apprenticeship under a senior Tax Attorney in any law school. This option is applicable only in few states.
- He should be well-versed with various tax related subjects like accounting, tax structuring, corporate tax, estate tax, etc. There is also an additional benefit of having a degree of Masters in accounting, especially, on tax from the highly reputed institutes.
Hence, by possessing the above-mentioned qualifications, you can easily brighten up your career prospects and can become a Tax Attorney.
Hence, the Tax Attorneys build up a bridge between the taxpayers and the Government by guiding them in every aspect in context to various tax laws of the Government.